Month: April 2014
SharePoint 2014 was an amazing event for me in a couple of ways. First, for learning about the new Microsoft products and services announcements for SharePoint and Office 365, as well as Yammer. And second, for giving me and the team the opportunity to meet our customers on-site to develop and nurture personal relationships.One of the highlights of the conference for Avanade was our panel session with six of our top customers including Procter & Gamble, Dow Chemical, Pfizer, Travelers Insurance, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Devon Energy. The dialogue between the panelists and the audience was rich and provided some unique insights to the many facets of deploying SharePoint in large organizations.
Katpro Offers Microsoft Office 365 is a modern collaboration platform that provides a full-featured email system with web access, integrated calendaring, a campus contacts directory, support for mobile device access, and 25 gigabytes of storage per account. Office 365 is a single cloud-based productivity service that will transform the way your organisation connects, shares and gets work done. It offers anywhere access to Office applications, email, calendar, video conferencing, file storage and sharing across devices, and provides simplified IT management, and enterprise grade security.
To Provide sufficient information solution to our clients, Katpro is providing Microsoft online services in the form of Microsoft office 365. Rather than offering a frigid software option, Office 365 can be modified to meet an enterprise’s requirement with multiple plans in the offering that can fit different company sizes and needs.
Office 365 Suite includes
Microsoft Exchange Online
- Unified messaging facility to shared calendars, contacts, and tasks.
- Email services with built-in layers of antivirus and anti-spam protection.
- Benefit of mobile email for most of the devices available in the market including iPhone, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Nokia etc.
- Share files and documents with customer seamlessly
Microsoft Office Professional plus
- This leading productivity application enables the client to gain access to any device from anywhere, anytime.
- Gives a best experience to the client with familiar interface to work on.
- Consistent formatting option across PC, Phone etc.
- Congruent Editing of documents with colleagues with Instant Messenger alert facility.
Microsoft SharePoint Online
- Provide team sites to keep track on various documents
- It is a collaboration platform that provides a full-featured email system with web access, integrated calendaring, a contacts directory, support for mobile device access.
- It’s help organizations share and collaborate with colleagues partners and customers.Open and save files stored on SharePoint directly from Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Microsoft Lync Online
- Microsoft lync online offered by inter call, allows you to find and quickly connect with the right person through call, Instant message, Video calls or Online meetings. .
- Lync is hosted on multi-tenant servers that support multiple customers simultaneously.
- Create online meetings with desktop sharing, chatting along with numerous other features..
Azure Cloud Storage is a file manager for Microsoft Azure. Azure Blob Storage Explorer is a powerful tool for Azure Cloud management. With Explorer for Azure Blob Storage you can browse your Azure accounts, create, and delete files. CloudBerry Microsoft Azure Storage client comes in two versions – Freeware and PRO.
Innovation and quality will prove far more important than commoditization of compute and storage. Vendors will ultimately extol their track records for building and running services far more than their prices and SLAs.Microsoft will continue to focus on bringing our customers a world-class service with an unrivaled user experience. This means best-in-class value while still providing the most complete cloud experience on the market. It means massive investments in cutting-edge infrastructure and world-class R&D. It means continuing to grow our developer and partner ecosystems. Simply put, it means devoting the bulk of our efforts to delivering innovation and a quality experience for our customers, developers, and partners.
Windows Azure Media Services supports encoding, management, and streaming of media from Windows Azure, in a completely hosted solution.The client requested a proof-of-concept end-to-end solution that involves uploading existing media assets to Windows Azure, encoding them to smooth streaming formats, and delivering them to an audience using Windows computers, iOS devices, and Android devices.
The architecture I ended up implementing on top of Windows Azure is the following:
From the client’s perspective, the only on-premise component is the uploader application, which uploads H264 MP4 files to an ASP.NET web application hosted in Windows Azure Web Sites (1). The web application creates a Windows Azure Media Services asset and streams the client’s upload to Windows Azure Blob Storage (2). Metadata about the upload, such as the file name, description, thumbnail URL, and other information is stored in Windows Azure Table Storage (3). When the upload completes, the ASP.NET application puts a message in Windows Azure Queue Storage (4), which a Worker Role dequeues and initiates an encoding job with Windows Azure Media Services (5). When the encoding job completes (6), the Worker Role generates streaming URLs with the Windows Azure Media Services origin servers, and stores these URLs for the web application to consume (8).
This end-to-end process can potentially replace the client’s current solution for media encoding and delivery. Although full pricing information for Windows Azure Media Services has not yet been disclosed (for example, the cost of on-demand streaming units), our estimates indicate a considerable cost savings when moving the whole solution to Windows Azure.
The role of the SharePoint Administrator is often a topic that comes up when beginning to plan out a SharePoint implementation, as it should. The various roles and responsibilities should be clearly defined upfront, but I often receive the initial feedback from customers that we should be able to just tell them what those responsibilities are. The problem with that philosophy is that the organization, management, goals, and skill sets of every organization are not the same.
The role of a SharePoint Administrator will vary depending upon your organization. If you are looking for the SharePoint Administrator to be the “lone wolf” that can support everything you need to get started and that same person will be solely responsible for keeping the environment running, the list of roles and responsibilities will be different than that of a team approach. Differences will certainly occur based upon such things as your need to support environments around the clock or the view of how highly sensitive your data is or if you have a highly-audited environment. Some administrators will be license police, procurement clerks, infrastructure management, farm administration, back up, recovery support, and help desk. Some organizations have people and roles (part-time to full-time) that have specializations in each of these areas.
Because of the wide variety of organizations, a discussion of decent length should be undertaken to understand the responsibilities that you consider part of the role. Once you understand what those responsibilities entail, you can determine if this is just a part-time job duty or a full-time job in and of itself.
SharePoint Administrator should be responsible for the following
- Managing and checking the overall server health and functionality
- Monitoring SharePoint disk space usage through the built-in SharePoint reports for each site collection
- Managing SharePoint permissions
- Analyzing and reporting upon SharePoint usage and activity
- Moving/copying sites
- Supporting network load balancing needs and ensuring its correct operation (NLB)
- Regular review of the events and messages reported in Event Viewer and Performance Monitor
- Regular review, clean-up, management and configuration of SharePoint accounts and sites. This portion of the role will work closely with an Active Directory administrator if they are separated.
- Regularly analyzing SharePoint content and storage
- Monitoring SharePoint trends (e.g. site usage and growth, disk space usage and growth)
- Setting up alerts and enforcing policies
- Regularly auditing your SharePoint environment
- Identifying and reporting governance violations
- Checking for operating system, SQL Server and SharePoint patches and cumulative updates.